Monday, April 30, 2012

Quinoa Dishes and Life Run



Quinoa with cinnamon, walnuts and a drizzle of honey.  Breakfast done a little different.  This was my first time eating it in the morning.

Quinoa is such a protein power punch.  In the winter I add it to soups and in the summer serve it as a cold salad.
My favorite way recently,  is to serve it warm with garlic, onions,and spinach.  They compliment each other so nicely.   

   I only like healthy food that tastes good.  This lunch was so tasty, made with fresh garlic, sweet onions, a lot of spinach and about 1 1/2 cups quinoa.
This past weekend I ran in my first "fun run" of the season.  It felt s good to be in the open air, sunshine, and surrounded by other people.  People also wanting to run and walk for a good cause.   The "Life Run" was in support of our local crisis pregnancy center and maternity home. I realized how much I do enjoy running.  I  have taken a long break from it over the winter.  I am ready to dive in  now and  continue.  Here I am with my dear sister in law.  We ran together.  It was super energizing to run it with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment