Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mountain Air



      I went with my daughter to her field trip.  We were on top of a mountain at the Chewelah Peak Learning Center.  Fresh air, hiking, mountain views, huckleberry bushes, many 6th graders.  All are wondrous.  
     This green bush has light colored berries on them, soon to be dark beautiful huckleberries.  On our hike we saw bear, elk, and deer tracks.  Amazing.


     I am a forager through and through.  Gathering, picking, plucking, all  are tasks that I look forward to doing.  In the past I have picked apples, pears, huckleberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.  Pure Joy.  I strongly believe that food you have gathered or grown yourself tastes sweeter.
     Mountain air provides me rejuvenation, life, and clarity.  Today, I am thankful for the mountain air.

No comments:

Post a Comment