Saturday, December 31, 2011

List of Foods to Eat


This is the time of year many people think about goals for the New Year.  When it comes to food I try to review the list of foods  that I can eat.  Focusing on the positive. 


Here are a few of the foods that I include in my list of things to eat.

Olive oil
Almonds, walnuts
Dark leafy veggies- kale, spinach
Fruit
Whole grains-brown rice, oats, quinoa, beans, and lentils
Green tea
Dark Chocolate
Fish
Grass fed meat



Another food that I love are winter squashes.  Acorn, hubbard and especially, butternut.  The above picture is a golden hubbard from my local farmers market.  I roasted these for 15min at 425 degrees in the oven.   Squash are difficult to cut into, but worth the effort in taste and nutrition.  I would love to hear from you on what is on your list of foods to eat.  Leave a comment.  Live well, eat well, enjoy the last day of 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE butternut! Pat C. gave me the seeds from her famous butternut squash. Let me know if you want a few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a good link to help motivate towards whole/natural food choices...the video is informative, but you have to wait while they promo their business before you can hear their message!

    http://www.beyonddiet.com/bd/landing?food=avocado

    ReplyDelete