Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Camping Rain and Shine


Priest Lake, Idaho


Using the "bear box" as a table.

I'm not sure why I feel like I need to take pictures when people are eating, but, I do. We camped at Priest Lake, Idaho and it rained almost the entire time. We stayed under blue tarps to avoid the lightening and rain.  What saved the trip for me is that we camped with eight other dear families and our kids had a wonderful time playing with their friends.
Our next camping was on Lake Roosevelt in Washington.  It was hot and this time our blue cover tent was for shade since the temperature was in the 90's.



 The water is my favorite place to be when it is hot.  I have a passion for swimming, more than any other form of exercise, swimming is at the top of my list.  We stayed by the water for eight hours. 

 It was great to sit and be with friends for the day.
  Camping and day trips take planning, team work, packing, unpacking, clean-up and much work for the parents, but my kids smiles filled with joy are worth all the work involved.  We ate watermelon at the end of the sun filled day.  I discovered that watermelon tastes so satisfying when you are hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment