Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pie


Blackberry

Pear Custard Pie
     The more I learn about myself the more I realize I do better with a plan. It is hard to escape the holidays without pie being offered.  My plan is stick with small portions on dessert.  Plus, I am going to just have my favorites and not fall into my usual social eating .  I don't really care for egg nog.  So, just because it is offered and smells yummy doesn't mean I need to drink all that fat.  Rebellion runs deep for me if I feel like I'm being deprived.   I think for me, it is more manageable on holidays to think small.  On regular days at home, to limit the desserts all together.  As, you can tell, I'm giving myself a pep talk before Thanksgiving. 
     The other thing that helps is to offer to make the fruit pies or crumbles.  Yes, they do have sugar, but if they are made at home, I can control how much fat and sugar go into them.
     The second part of my plan is that since I'm not cooking dinner, is to exercise twice.  I hope the Thanksgiving break is prosperous and full for each of you.  Eat well, live well.

No comments:

Post a Comment