Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I Break The Rules

     Give me a chance to explain why I break the rules.  We were together as a family playing mini golf and on the menu was greasy, sweet and yummy pizza.  Don't get me wrong, I love pizza.  I just can't have it all the time.  My choices that night were pizza or the celery I had in the car. I asked my husband for the keys to get my celery.  He said, "did you see the sign?   The sign clearly stated in large bold letters, NO OUTSIDE FOOD.  I said to him, I need my celery, and if they ask I will tell them why I am eating celery and drinking water tonight.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a food snob, but when my kids sit down to eat, I want to eat too.  I'm just trying to find balance in what I eat.  
     The facts are,  I use celery, exercise and watching what I eat to help keep my high blood pressure in check.  Simple as that.  If I stop any of these things, my blood pressure goes up, jeopardizing my health.     


     I believe with all my heart that food can be medicine.  Instead of showing up to dinner with my pill box for the rest of my life, I'm trying to find balance with what I can control.  How many vegetables I eat, is under my control.  I named this blog revive.  I'm trying to help remind myself to revive what is good for me, even if I have to break the eating establishments rules sometimes.    
     Coming up with guidelines for myself has helped me find balance.  Cheers to balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment