Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Carrots With a Punch


To keep vegetables interesting, I came up with this side dish.  Anytime I want to feel better, keep a healthy weight, or just have my food taste good, I start to experiment with different flavors on my veggies.  Anyone can make this dish in a flash.  Kids like it too.
Carrots With a Punch!

slice 4 large carrots
chop 1/2 onion
mince 1 clove garlic
 grate 1 tsp.  fresh ginger root (I keep some in the freezer, at all times)



I get my saute pan hot and add a good thick drizzle of olive oil.

Add the onion and garlic first and wait 2-3 min to be translucent.

Add carrots. 

Cook on high heat for 6-10 min.

Don't overcook!  Mushy carrots are yucky!

Stir in fresh ginger and serve hot.

In the picture above, you can see that a little dark color is OK.   When cooking over high heat this happens.  Don't worry it adds flavor.  I watch my salt intake.  I let the people in my family add salt to my veggie dishes if they need it.

I love this side dish for lunch or dinner.  Carrots are King!  Carrots are high in alpha-carotene and beta-carotene.   A great antioxidant, and great for the immune system.

Most people keep carrots in the fridge.  I hope you try it with the ginger.  Eat well, live well, and eat your carrots.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment