Saturday, December 31, 2011

I ran today

I ran today.  I usually avoid the treadmill.  I drag my feet, with quiet kicking and screaming.  In the winter it is my only choice if I want to run.  I did a walk run combo for 30 min. I was pleasantly surprised, it wasn't torture.  It felt good to work up a sweat.  I really like to have a distraction when I run.  Today, I listened to music on the ipod.  For me,  letting music or TV be a distraction, helps my legs not feel like weights.


I was inspired by a particular song.  It seemed to fit what I hope for and what I strive for.  It helped my mind to focus and finish the last 10 min of the run.

Be strong in the Lord
never give up hope
you are gonna do great things
I already know
God has his hand on you
don't live your life in fear
forgive and forget
don't forget why you are here
take your time and pray
these are the words I would say.
by Sidewalk Prophets  


The song has been playing in my head all day.  My favorite line is, "don't forget why you are here."  Each of us has a gift to give, a reason, a purpose to share with others.  I know I have many things to share with my family.  Something  I do everyday, is plan the meals and feed them.  I am trying my best to make good choices and be a good example to them. 

My kids learned a song at school that says, "Oatmeal, it is good for your immunity."  I laugh, sing the song to the kids and tell them how glad that they taught it to me.  They like to complain that I feed them too much oatmeal.  I really do use a lot of oatmeal.  In my defense,  it is a whole grain that fuels and fills them up.  My children do like my granola though. 


Exercise for me gives me an energy, a stamina for the day.  Eating well also gives me an energy that is unbeatable.  Live well, eat well, and don't forget why you are here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment