Thursday, April 5, 2012

Carrot Muffins

 I have a partial opinion about carrot cake.  I love it.  I pick it first over any other kind.  So, when I made these morning muffins,  it made me super happy that they reminded me of a moist carrot cake.  The amazing thing about these is that it has great breakfast fuel, like oats, banana and carrots.   I think that the family really liked them too, the muffins quickly disappeared.
Magic Morning Muffins
1 1/4 c. wheat flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. old fashioned oats
3 T. virgin olive oil
1 large egg
1/3 milk
4 medium carrots,shredded
1 medium ripe banana, mashed

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat 12 cup muffin tins generously with cooking spray. 
Stir dry ingredients together, then add wet. Stir until blend.
Bake for 20-25 min
Best eaten warm.
(if you or your  children are us to sweet muffins, add an additional 1/4 c. sugar)
I was inspired by a basic carrot muffin I saw in a magazine and made this my own recipe by adding the ripe banana, oats and omitting the nuts and  raisins (which would be good too).
I keep posting recipes to inspire you to bake and cook at home filling up on food that is fuel.  I try to post things that have been approved by my taste testers. . .my four children.  This one was given a five star rating (out of five.)

No comments:

Post a Comment