Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Garden Ready


I get excited about seeds, dirt and and growing my own food.  It is such a simple process and pleasure to grow something then eat it.
I am trying a "hot house" over my raised bed to get the lettuce, spinach and swiss chard a jump start.  When I stuck my fingers into the soil, it was very warm.
I started watching the documentary Forks over Knives.  This movie confirmed what I already knew, a plant based diet, is the direction that is best for our health.  I transitioned my whole way of thinking about food about three years ago.  I need reminders, I need encouragement to keep me going.  Trying to feed a family whole foods, is not easy, junk and fast food is so easy and convenient.
Getting my seeds out watching Forks over Knives, revitalizes my hopes for eating better, living better.


These wildflowers are a little pop of color in the woods near our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment