Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Eggs in a Nest

     Swiss chard is so tender, sweet, and best in the spring.  Delicate and delicious.  One of the books that profoundly changed the way I looked at food was "Vegetable, Animal, Miracle," by Barbara Kingsglover.  The Eggs in a Nest recipe is from that book.

     I ate this for lunch, it took about 10 min to make.  Simple yet, full of great nutrition.




My cooking notes: I used garlic, with the swiss chard, and once you crack the eggs, cover the pan for a few minuets, so the eggs cook better. 
     I also made garlic knots, which take time to make, but make my family happy.  Butter, garlic, baked on bread, is such a happy thought.  Little bites of happiness. 

     I love that I can show you what I 'm cooking in my kitchen, and what I have been thinking about.  Thanks for stopping by.  Eat well, live well.

No comments:

Post a Comment