Saturday, April 14, 2012

Learn, Live, Hope

Learn from yesterday,
Live for today,
Hope for tomorrow.

I keep thinking about how much I have learned about parenting, health, nutrition, my own inner strength, from the time I had my oldest girl, now eleven, to my youngest who is almost four.
I have learned from yesterday, Cheetos as a snack do not fuel a growing body.
I do live for today, I giggle with my children.
I hope for tomorrow, that I can guide them to the best of my abilities.

In the picture above they are opening candy filled eggs.  I still lean towards wanting sweet junk food and treats, but, I have a goal.  A goal to provide things for my family that taste good but aren't artificial.  My goal keeps butting up against holidays.  The aftermath of candy in the house after Easter has been interesting.  I did tell them everyday as I packed lunches for school, "I am sending candy, but, you must eat your veggies first."  The whole family knows I'm the food police.
This is my eight year old after a Easter egg hunt.  We all love a good game of hide and seek.  It is one of my favorite games to play with my kids.  We have been spending time outside as a family, and my hope is that my children will flourish with a love for the outdoors, even as adults.  I know my parents passed that on to me.

My son was playing catch with dad.  I think the dog enjoyed it just as much.

My niece Emma, is laughing in this picture.  What sweet joy.
As I live for today, I choose joy and laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment