Monday, April 2, 2012

Fresh and New

Two of my children were in the drama production "School House Rock" this past week.  This musicals was fun and fresh.   It was a huge challenge feeding the family fresh healthy food on the go, and not around the dinner table.    


We survived the long hours of getting ready for the production and are on to baseball and softball now.      I am anticipating more days outside and the fresh spring air re-energizing my outlook.  Being outside, playing with my children or doing yard work is like chicken soup for my mind and body.   Re-energizing!



My chive plant is starting to come up out of the ground which brings me a smile.  Revival of fresh, newness, and health, comes with gardening and seeing things grow.  Lettuce, peas, and squash out of a garden are some of  my favorites.
Fresh ranch dressing helps all veggies taste zestier.  My sister-in-law Julianne brought some and shared this ranch recipe with me.  Blending it gives it a nice smooth texture.


Julianne's Ranch
3/4 c. mayo
3/4 c.  sour cream
1 T. olive oil
1 T. lemon juice
1 small bunch chives
1 small handful parsley
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper
blend above ingredients in blender
Add 1/4 c. buttermilk then stir  (omit buttermilk if you want thicker consistency)
refrigerate for at least one hour to let flavors join. 

It is my goal to enjoy fresh food, and the fresh air this week,  I hope you can do the same.  Thanks for stopping by, take a moment and "join this site."

No comments:

Post a Comment