Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chive Blossoms



 Longer days spent outside means that I am on the computer significantly less.  As a family we wrapped up another year of Awana, and baseball season is coming to a close.  The chickens and garden are starting to grow which revives my love of being outside.

I have been adding chive blossoms to soup, salads and my homemade corn tortillas.  This recipe is one that my mom gave to me when I first go married.  It has served me well over the years. 

Corn Tortillas
2 large eggs
1 1/1  c. corn meal
1/2 c. flour
2 c. milk
pinch salt

Beat well.  The batter will be thin.  Spread thin layer in lightly greased hot skillet.  Flip after a few min.

This time we ate them hot, right off the skillet, but many times we will fill them with all the burrito fixing's, like beans, lettuce and cheese.  They also make a great side when having chili.

If you are feeding a crowd, make ahead and keep in the oven on warm.  It takes atleast 20 min to make all the tortillas from this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment