Friday, May 18, 2012

The Start of Lake Season


“I'm always happy when I'm surrounded by water, I think I'm a Mermaid or I was a mermaid.

The ocean makes me feel really small and it makes me put my whole life into perspective… it humbles you and makes you feel almost like you’ve been baptized. I feel born again when I get out of the ocean.”
Beyoncé Knowles
I thought this quote is awesome.  We swim at a lake and not the ocean and love it.  Having three girls in our family, they all love to play mermaid in the water.  It is imagination play at its best. 


    I dipped my toes in the lake this week.  It is ice cold.  I eagerly anticipate long days outside and fresh produce.  Our local farmers market opens today.  This is the time of year that fruit salad, green salad, crisp veggies, and all things berries sounds perfect to take to the beach for a picnic. 
     I am trying to help my kids make different memories of food and the beach.  The sensory memory is a strong thing.   Instead of Cheetos and fruit snacks, trying to bring popcorn and real fruit.  Many good memories revolve around food.  It isn't easy cutting out the junk but, worth striving for!    

No comments:

Post a Comment