Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lemon Balm


     Lemon Balm is a delicate leaf with a minty, lemon flavor.  In the spring, the leaves are soft and tender.  I paired it with cucumber, celery, a dash of apple cider vinegar and olive oil.  It tasted fresh and crunchy.
     I also take these leaves and and make a tea from them.  Steep in hot water for about 8-10 minutes and then drain the leaves.  I have served it hot or over ice.  It makes drinking water more of a celebration than a chore.  I don't know about everyone else, somedays it is harder than others to drink the amount of water I should.  If  I'm not careful I consume way too much coffee.
     Lemon Balm is a hardy plant that comes back each year in my garden.   According to The Herb Book, It is known in France as a "remedy for headaches and tiredness."   In my opinion, taking time for a fresh tea during any given fast paced day, is a great way to revive any tiredness. 
     My theme for this year has been revive.  Revive the simple, healthy, and good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment