Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Small Town Baseball


     I cheer for baseball, I cheer for softball, I cheer for family.  Soaking up glorious sun rays, sitting in the grass, and hoping for a quick three up, three down so we will be up to bat.  I love the anticipation, the count of balls and strikes, the crack of the bat.  Our small town has great baseball.  Nostalgic.  Sometimes, when I'm watching I feel like a could snap a picture of Norman Rockwell painting.
     Walt Whitman said some beautiful things about baseball.  

 I see great things in baseball.  It's our game - the American game.  It will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism.  Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set.  Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.  ~Walt Whitman

Baseball has kept our family on the constant go, but it has been a blessing to us. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment