Friday, January 6, 2012

No Excuses

The theme for the current season of Biggest Loser TV show is no excuses.  I love to say this over and over to myself recently.  I have been given the gift of health, no injuries, and a good base of information on what I should do physically to work out. 

This is why I chose to start to blog.  I needed a way to be motivated, keep a journal, and  keep going on my life long journey towards health. 

I have recently started to jog on the treadmill.  Today, I did,
1.  25 min of cardio
2.  30 push-ups,
3.  5 min floor ab workout. 
It feels great to use my muscles.  While I was doing push-ups I was reminded of the no excuses theme and someone that I got to meet this summer,  Ali Vincent. She was the first female Biggest Loser winner.  The season that she was on was inspirational to me.  She was a former swimmer who let the weight pile on.  I could identify with that.  I did swim team for many years and after having children struggled with finding a routine for a physical activity. 

The picture I got taken with her didn't turn out because of my camera (so sad.)  Hopefully I can meet her again and get a better picture.   

It was a great day, in August of 2011.  I did a mini triathlon and got to meet Ali.  She lives in Spokane and did the West Plains Wunder Woman Triathlon.  I had set the goal to do the triathlon in January.  I let the ladies at my church know that they could join me if they were interested.  We did most of our training separate, but encouraged one another.  When they day came it, was an amazing, friendship building, wonderful day.  I got to participate with six of my dear friends including my sister in- law. My sister in-law and I  posed for a picture by the bikes.



I think why I like the show Biggest Loser is because it is a competition, and I am a competitive person.  Not, competitive in in a negative way, but a,  "I can win," "Feel good about doing my best," kind of attitude.  Swimming is my favorite part of doing a triathlon.  In this next picture, I am grinning from ear to ear coming out of the water. 

 

My friends, eat well, live well, and make no excuses today.

No comments:

Post a Comment