Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Tea

The day that most of Washington experienced heavy loads of snow and for some people serious delays to a normal day, I was experiencing my own delay.  I spilled coffee on the lap top that I write this blog with.  I thought for sure I had ruined the computer and my blog and facebook time would come to a dead halt.  The computer would not turn on for a few days.



The timing of being off line, all worked out.  I have had a head cold for the past few days, making cooking, writing, or much of anything very difficult. 
I am happy to say that the computer is not ruined, (except for a few of the keys sticking,) I am back to journaling what I have been cooking and thinking about. 
What has been most on my mind is tea.
Herbal . . .Peppermint. . .Chamomile. . .Chia. . .Green Tea with Lemon Grass. . .and my homemade ginger tea.


I make this simple tea when it is cold outside, or when I have a head cold.  It only takes a few items:
Lemon
Ginger
Honey
Hot water
I grate the ginger directly into my mug, squeeze one slice of lemon, a tsp. of honey,  and pour hot water over all of it.  I wait 3-5 min for the ginger to settle to the bottom of the cup.



The ginger tea and all the teas I have been drinking these past few snowy days have been warm, comfort in a cup.  What is your favorite tea on a cold day?  My favorite is any tea with orange, almond, in it with a touch of honey.  Enjoy the snow, eat well, live well, and find a tea to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment