Saturday, February 18, 2012

Blueberry Muffins and Basketball

I was in the kitchen listening to the NCAA basketball game playing in the other room.  I heard the announcer say something like "It all comes down to good choices and bad choices for this team,  the good choices helped them pull out a win."  I thought to myself, "that is so true for about everything we participate in."  The path we choose  for family, friends, work, eating, exercise, can be good or bad.  When it comes to eating and exercises, I hope to not just make good, but, the best choice. 
I love blueberries and lemon.  My family really enjoys when I add sugar and other yummy ingredients to make Blueberry Muffins.

This muffin recipe is basic and does well with most fruit.
Blueberry Muffins  
2 cups flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 6 oz yogurt or sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup blueberries
1 lemon zest and half of lemon squeezed of juice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Beat butter with mixer, add sugar, until well combined.  Then add rest of wet ingredients.  Add dry ingredients.  Stir in blueberries and lemon with a spoon (not mixer.)  Bake 18-20 min.
I used frozen blueberries, and a fresh lemon.

These muffins are great for when you are on the go.  My husband and I have been coaching basketball for our third grader and fourth grader.  We have needed many types of food that are easy to eat on the go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment