Friday, February 24, 2012

I Have Decided

I love food.  I love words.  On my fridge, are words that pass by my eyes everyday.  I have a decided heart.  I will persist without exception.  Today I will seek wisdom.

1. Shopping smart for food
2. preparing fresh food
3. taking time to come up with a plan
All of these take persistence. 
Holidays throw me off for  a short bit, (while my body recovers from a sugar buzz.)  Getting enough veggies is always my go to plan.  When I am eating nutrition that fuels my body, I feel better.  I have been on a kale kick this week. My Kale Quiche was a hit with my family.


 Quiche is a quick and easy dinner for me to prepare, as long as I have eggs, the possabilities are endless.
Kale Quiche
1-2 cups chopped kale (rib discarded)
9 eggs
1/2  cup crumbled feta cheese
1 deep dish pie crust
salt and pepper to taste 
Mix filling and put in pie dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 min. Sprinkle with your choice of cheese before serving 
I also served a blueberry cake with dinner.
Making food from scratch tastes so yummy.  I also feel like I can control what kind of fat, how much sugar and salt  is going into my diet.  The big picture is, it is worth it to take the time.  It is worth it for my family's nutrition.

 Today I will seek wisdom.  I will persist with good choices.    Friends, eat well, live well. 
Take the few minuets to become a member and "join this site."  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment