Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cleaning Up

Once a week I dedicate a few hours of prep work.  This means I get the food chopped, baked, boiled etc. for the upcoming meals.  Getting a jump start on my meals for the week is a huge help.  I make:
bread
granola
brown rice, barley or beans
chop up onions, carrots, and celery.  It is messy!


After the whirling storm of cooking and baking, I'm really wishing for a kitchen fairy to come and clean up everything.  Cleaning is not my favorite thing to do.  I have found that I really like Myers Clean Day products.  The Lavender scent is my favorite.  It reminds me of being outside and fresh flowers. 

After baking bread my counters, cupboards, and floor get a major dusting of flour.  I felt so happy after cleaning up this week.  Lavender scent saved the day.
We still have snow in our yard and the air is still chilly, but, I am getting the itch to start spring cleaning projects.  I also need constant reminders to stay and be motivated.
 

Kitchen duties can take a lot of time, but I find that the rewards of healthy homemade choices are worth it.  My families health and well-being are a priority to me.      

No comments:

Post a Comment