Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Three Fast Meals with Ground Turkey



This week I took three pounds of turkey and cooked it up.  I then used it in three totally different dinner dishes.  This saved me time and was easy to prep. 
The three dishes I have above are:
Turkey Kale Chili
Turkey Tacos
Turkey Noodle Bowls   

The following are the ingredients for Turkey Kale Chili
(Serves 6)
1/2 onion
3 large cloves garlic
1 can small navy beans
1 can tomato sauce
3 cans water
1 lb. ground turkey
whole bunch of chopped kale (I chopped the stems and added since they were small and tender)
salt and pepper to taste
three dashes of garlic hot sauce

I saute the onion and garlic for 5 to 7 min.  I then add the rest of the ingredients to the soup pot.  I then simmered it for 20 to 30 min.  This was so fast to assemble since the turkey was already cooked.  The kale cooks down and looks and tastes a lot like spinach.  

The possibilities for turkey tacos and noodle bowls are endless.  Add what your family likes. 

All three of these dinners took about 30 min to prepare.  I hope these ideas help.  Eat well, live well and continue to make good choices for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment