Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rock Star Cookies

Our family ended our short vacation by going to the Rock and Worship Road Show in Spokane.  We rocked out to some great music by Hawk Nelson and Lecrae.  After being gone from our house for five days I felt like baking some homemade cookies.  Warm, chewy cookies that created this incredible inviting smell in our house.  I decided to name them "Rock Star Cookies" since I came up with the recipe myself and thought they needed a strong name.  This recipe is at the end of post.
While we were traveling I got to see many of my family members.  Seeing and being able to connect with the people you are closest to is like eating  a really good cookie.  Warmth, friendship, to refresh the soul with gooey goodness.  Ok, maybe eating a cookie isn't refreshing to someones soul, but, I know I felt refreshed being able to see my family.  I don't get to see my Grandparents very often.  It felt great to give them a hug and let them know they are important to me.


On one of our stops to stretch our legs we stopped at the first memorial built for WW I veterans which overlooks the Columbia River.  We stopped and played a quick game of tag.  I quickly realized that my eleven year old can out run me.  I think I need to work on sprinting.  It is funny how you have a flash back from when you are a kid. I remember my mother making us run on the sidewalks at rest stops when we traveled.  I Loved this picture of my youngest as the wind whipped my scarf around.

  If you are interested in Rock Star Cookies, the two secret tips are to use unsweetened shredded coconut and a cranberry infused with blueberry juice.  Two super tastes that go good together.



Rock Star Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix with blender until fluffy:
1/2 c. butter
2 T. cold pressed coconut oil (can omit if you don't have this)
3/4 c. sugar
Once it is fluffy:
Add one egg
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine:
1 1/2 oats (I used quick because I was out of old fashioned)
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Gradually add oat mixture
Add
1/2 c. coconut
1/2 c. cranberries
1/2 c. chocolate chips
Drop cookie batter on cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-16 min. Let cool on sheet for 5 min then transfer to wire rack.
Then enjoy the warmth. 

1 comment:

  1. I think cookies ARE refreshing to your soul! :) this recipe looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete